It’s not hard to see why CBD oil or cannabidiol continues to rise in popularity as a viable health and wellness product. After all, research shows that this holistic and natural remedy possesses various properties that allow it to have legitimate medical uses.
However, because research surrounding this miracle herb is still relatively limited, it can be more than just a little challenging to sort through the claims and find what’s been proven. In the interest of clearing things up, we’ve broken down what we know to be accurate and listed down the most notable benefits of CBD oil.
- Seizures and epilepsy
One of the reasons why CBD oil has become all the rage in recent years is its ability to treat individuals who have epilepsy. Researchers have shown that cannabidiol has been effective in lessening episodes of seizure and serves not only as a viable option for treatment but a safer one too when considering the fact that it’s a natural remedy.
- Anxiety, depression, and stress
Apart from managing seizures and epilepsy, cannabidiol is also increasingly being used to treat anxiety, depression, and even stress. When you get right down to it, CBD oil can help people calm down and relax. And studies show that cannabidiol does help keep excessive feelings of unease, worry, and fear at a minimum when taken at specific doses.
- Pain relief
Cannabidiol has the potential to be a much more effective painkiller than opioids since it offers relief without the addiction. In some studies that have been conducted, cannabis was able to alleviate pain without the adverse reactions and side-effects that are generally associated with medications. And while more research is needed, all signs suggest that this approach can result in fewer deaths due to opioids, making this a viable alternative that should be carefully considered.
Because of its anti-inflammatory properties, it’s not uncommon to find topically applied cannabidiol skincare products. Some studies point out its effectiveness in treating acne as its ability to minimize inflammation in the glands that produce sebum can help limit breakouts. And if traditional treatments and health and wellness products don’t work for you, it’s worth giving CBD a shot.
- Anti-cancer properties
Several studies have been made in cancer-fighting properties that CBD possesses, although the research is still in its infancy. But while it isn’t fully endorsed as a viable method of treatment for cancer, the ability of cannabidiol to carefully moderate inflammation as well as change the way in which it can affect the way specific kinds of tumour cells reproduce makes it a potentially effective way to treat cancer.
How to find CBD oil products
Not unlike any health and wellness product, research is necessary when you're considering buying CBD oil.
Understanding what cannabidiol and Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) is, from their medical uses to the difference between THC vs CBD, is as crucial as making sure that the company or manufacturer of the products is reliable.
Here are a couple of tips to keep in mind before making any financial commitments on the chosen products.
- Read customer reviews. CBD oil manufacturers, like any other business, can be a little economical with the facts surrounding their products. They need to put their best foot forward to reel in potential customers. So make sure that you check what customers have to say about the company before you buy it. In this way, you’ll avoid spending money on products that are unable to fulfill the claims made by their manufacturer.
- Explore your options. On your search for CBD oil products, you’re likely to encounter more than a few potentially viable options. And while the sheer number of brands might make it a little more challenging to narrow down the search for the best product, it also presents us with a unique opportunity to keep our expenditure as low as possible and save some money. After all, you’re far more likely to find inexpensive alternatives if you take the time to look for them rather than if you settled for the first thing that you see. So make sure that you explore all avenues first and compare your options against each other. It will save you money.
- Check the ingredients. When it comes to any health and wellness product, it’s a general rule of thumb always to check the ingredients first. And CBD oil is no exception. After all, it will maximize your chances of finding the right product that will deliver on the effects that you’re looking for. More importantly, it will allow you to avoid those that may contain unnatural substances that can potentially be detrimental to your health.
- Search for testing reports from third-party entities. Everyone has the right to question the effectivity and risks of products that they choose to consume. As such, it makes sense to look for testing reports from third-party entities. After all, you’re far more likely to get facts from a testing company that isn’t associated with the selected brand of CBD products than those that may have ties to them. And a small investment of time in doing so will not only help you make an informed decision, but it will also give you peace of mind that the CBD oil is safe.
- Make sure the company believes in their product. Any company or manufacturer that understands their products and believes in their ability to fulfill their intended purpose will undoubtedly support them. And one of the telltale signs that the CBD oil is a top-of-the-line product is if it comes with either a money-back guarantee or excellent customer service. If they don’t, then there’s a good chance that they’re just looking for an easy sell.
- Consult with your doctor or physician. Before taking any health and wellness product like CBD oil, it’s good standard practice to consult with your doctor. After all, not only will be sure that the chosen product won’t cause any adverse reactions or side-effects. But your physician might even know of better brands or alternatives that you can take too as well additional benefits from oral ingestion (YouTube video below). And as a result, save you time in the process.
- Research on various strains. CBD oil products are rarely derived from the same strain, and may properties unique to the brand as a result. And because of this, it makes sense to research on different products and strains to know more about both the advantages and disadvantages that they may yield. While this may not necessarily be the most exciting aspect of shopping for cannabidiol-based products, doing so will allow you to find CBD oil that will benefit you the most.
With all of the health benefits that cannabidiol yields as well as the continued studies and research that are conducted on this herbal remedy, it’s not surprising that the demand for CBD oil continues to rise.
But not unlike any other health and wellness product, purchasing CBD oil is neither as simple nor as straightforward as some people may have been led to believe.
But by taking the time to do your research and consulting on medical specialists on the matter, you’ll be able to find the right brands and products for your needs.