Cannabidiol: Potential Benefits For CancerProperties of Cannabidiol
Cannabidiol, or CBD, is used to help treat both common and major ailments such as anxiety, depression, inflammation, seizure, epilepsy, pain, etc. However, over the past few years CBD has been increasingly used as an alternative supportive therapeutic agent in Cancer.
- Cannabis has been cultivated in older generations dating as early as the Neolithic age, used for producing rope and clothing from its fibre.
- The recreational use of the primary active ingredients found in cannabis is as popular today as it was then.
- The discovery of cannabinoid binding receptors CB1 and CB2 in cannabis have set a milestone for researchers finding the potential use of
Cannabis sativa in much more advanced medicine.
- With this advancement, experiments involving animal test subjects as a standard for the effect of phytocannabinoids and endocannabinoids, has shown indication of restricting the growth of various tumour types along with exerting cytostatic and cytotoxic neoplastic effect on cells.
- Research from competent institutions has found that CBD has a large variety of anti-carcinogeic agents. Evidence supports that cannabioids have a unique anti-proliferative and pro-apoptotic properties which effectively interfere with cancer cell migration, invasion, metastasization and tumour cell migration.
- However, the tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC, found in cannabinoids is extracted for CBD to be used as a therapeutic agent to assist in treating cancer to an extent.
- Marijuana containing minimal THC has proven its efficacy on the symptoms caused by cancer but is processed to be removed for its intoxicating high and psychoactive effect on the patients.
CBD as a Therapeutic Alternative
After years of research on several genres of cannabinoids, Hemp Cannabidiol or CBD has now become a much viable alternative to marijuana CBD. Extensive research has now made disassociating THC on varieties of cannabis breeds possible. Hemp CBD is a non-psychoactive with less or zero THC. Without inducing apoptosis, CBD can cause effects in cytostasis and inhibits migration, invasion and sprouting in vitro. This is an associated effect of down-modulation on several angiogenesis-related molecules. Many studies have revealed that CBD inhibits angiogenesis and works on tumour and endothelial cells as an effective therapeutic agent.
How is CBD Effective on Different Types of Cancer?
- In Colon / Prostate Cancer
CBD is a potent inhibitor of prostate carcinoma viability in vitro. There are ample evidences that show CBD extract is active in vivo, it is either administered alone or with other common chemotherapeutic drugs in colon malignancy. The antineoplastic effects of CBD is now well explored.
- Cancers on Endocrine Glands
CBD can proliferate by influencing the intracellular events of numerous types of endocrine and related cancer cells and leads to vitro and in vivo anti-tumour effects. Uses of endocannabinoids to inhibit cell growth, invasion of the thyroid and breast, have been found to be effective.
- In Breast Cancer
Studies show that CBD can induce cell death of breast cancer cells by coordinating the cross-talk between apoptosis and autophagy. It is also found that CBD can trigger translocation of BID to the mitochondria and reduces mitochondrial membrane potential. In some case studies it has also revealed that CBD has increased the generation of reactive oxygen species (ROS). As a result, ROS blocks the induction of apoptosis and autophagy.
In Leukaemia, Kaposi Sarcoma, lung cancer, and other illnesses, CBD is also found to be effective in stopping malignancy. In the advanced stage of cancers, patients may experience unbearable pain. CBD has been a useful add-on analgesic for patients.
Get the Best of CBD
The cannabidiol developed by Vita Leaf Natural Care provides anti-invasive action with PureCBD Oils. It is a great therapeutic alternative for helping the treatment of highly invasive cancers. The Nano- enhanced CBD isolates and Full Spectrum CBD Oils by Vita Leaf is a natural proposition to combat such diseases effectively and safely without side effects.