Natural Cannabinoids are a Great Alternative Pain Reliver Without The Side Effects
Pain comes from one of the different kinds of perception – sensation or feeling, like smell, taste, and hearing. Pain occurs as an indication that something abnormal is happening to the body. It is a signal or message relayed from the place of occurrence or injury through a network of nerve cells in the Central Nervous System (CNS) to the brain. Then the brain translates the signal and registers the proper sensation. There are two types of pain: one from external or internal local injury and another form from chronic pain. The Thalamus and prefrontal cortex of the human brain are activated with the cause of the pain and results into a decrease of a specific neurotransmitter called gamma-aminobutyric acid, or GABA. Furthermore, in chronic and ongoing pain, there is a reduction in the volume of the prefrontal cortex which regulates emotions, personality expression, and social behaviour and results into a further decline in the neurotransmitter GABA.
Common Side Effects of Pain Killer Drugs
- Most people tend to use over-the-counter quick pain killers or prescription drugs to get instant relief from pain or chronic pain. Most of the drugs, like Acetaminophen and some non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) include ibuprofen, naproxen, diclofenac, celecoxib, mefenamic acid, etoricoxib, indomethacin, and high-dose aspirin are just some of the common pain killers readily available in the market.
- Prolonged and regular consumption of such medication may cause damage to vital organs like the liver, kidney, etc. It can also cause drowsiness, poor concentration, a reduced breathing rate, apathy and depression. Steroidal pain killers are more dangerous when used in treating chronic pain and may end up with heart or neuronal disorders.
- Taking the above facts into consideration, continuous research is still being conducted to find a safe and natural pain reliever as an alternative treatment. In many earlier research studies, it was suggested that Cannabinoids from the Cannabis plant, also used in much earlier time periods, was used to reduce pain.
- Only one of the 113 different Cannabinoids in cannabis is identified amongst the rest due to the “high” feeling caused by Tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC. This cannabinoid is the principal psychoactive constituent of Cannabis found in Marijuana.
- A research paper in 2008 published in the US National Library of Medicine, National Institute of Health, and studied by Ethan B Russo reviewed the analgesic and anti-inflammatory property of cannabinoid via the Endocannabinoid system.
- It is suggested in the study that Cannabidiol, or CBD, can offer a non-euphoriant, anti-inflammatory analgesic effect with the help of CB1 receptor antagonist and endocannabinoid modulation. It is also demonstrated in some more recent studies that to handle rheumatoid arthritis and pain associated with cancer, CBD can play a key role by means of activating GABA receptors in the brain.
- Much more recently, scientists at the Cajal Institute used animal models to study the effects of administering CBD in mice with symptoms of Multiple Sclerosis. Only after 10 days, they found that CBD had reversed the inflammatory responses and had gained superior motor skills that showed progression of their condition.
Best Phytocannabinoid Oils Extracted from Pure Hemp
CBD oils developed by VitaLeaf Naturals have been considered as the best combination of pure hemp extract oil with other natural ingredients. All our products are prepared using non-GMO hemp which are nurtured and grown without using any chemical fertilizers, herbicides, and pesticides. All products are tested in the 3rd party lab for your quality reassurance. If you’re looking for quality CBD, you can trust VitaLeaf’s PurCBD+ Full Spectrum Phytocannabinoid Oil.