Benefits of Coffee in the Morning
If you are a coffee drinker, you know the overwhelming response to just that first smell of coffee in the morning. Aside from being something that over eighty-percent of Americans rely on to get up and going in the morning, coffee has many benefits to your health.
Doctors used to tell patients that they should cut back on drinking coffee, but more and more research is leading doctors to back off that stance. In fact, people are drinking coffee in record numbers. Coffee shops are popping up everywhere.
Coffee can be found in every convenience store, restaurant, truck stop, office breakroom, cafeteria, most grocery stores even have a coffee bar in them now. Over 400 billion cups of coffee are consumed each year, making it one of the most popular drinks in the entire world.
Some of the benefits of drinking coffee are:
- Coffee helps to reduce symptoms of anxiety. While many people assumed that the caffeine in coffee would cause anxiety symptoms to worsen, the opposite is closer to the truth. If you have ever felt that sensation of calm and happiness overwhelm you when you simply breathed in the aroma of freshly brewing coffee, you have felt your anxiety dissipate.
- Coffee lowers your risk of developing type two diabetes. UCLA doctors have proven that coffee raises the levels of the protein SHBG (Sex Hormone-Binding Globulin) in the plasma. Plasma is a part of your blood. This hormone plays a part in raising and lower blood sugar. Harvard researchers led a follow-up study with conclusive evidence that drinking coffee does indeed reduce the risk of type two diabetes, also known as diabetes mellitus. Just one cup of coffee over a four-year period can reduce your risk of developing type two diabetes by as much as 11%.
- Research done by the Research Institute of the McGill University Health Centre (RI MUHC) has proven that drinking coffee can reduce the odds of getting Parkinson’s Disease and it can also help to control the progression of Parkinson’s after someone has contracted the disease. This research has been published in Neurology journal.
- Italian researchers at Milan's Istituto di Ricerche Farmacologiche Mario Negri have found that drinking coffee can reduce the risk of liver cancer by 40%. This study also led researchers to believe that drinking three cups of coffee per day could reduce the risk of liver cancer by as much as 50%. These findings are incredibly positive.
- Drinking coffee can also lower the risk of liver disease, such as cirrhosis of the liver. Even in alcoholics, the odds can be reduced by as much as 22% that they will not ever develop this problem with the liver. The most stunning statistic is that drinking coffee can reduce the risk of death from cirrhosis of the liver by as much as 66%.
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (BIDMC) and Harvard School of Public Health researchers did tests and collected data that suggest that drinking coffee in moderation – roughly two cups per day – can reduce the risk of heart disease also, by as much as 11%
As you can see, coffee is an excellent choice for most people, when taken in moderation. As with anything, too much is not any better than a smaller amount. Coffee consumed in excess can cause the jitters and a few caffeine side-effects when too much is consumed. If you are sticking around two to four European sized cups, you are doing well.
The Benefits of CBD Taken Daily
CBD (cannabinol) is only one of 60 different compounds found in cannabis. Marijuana was banned in the 1930s because of the lack of scientific research and the concern, due to lack of evidence, that it could be addictive and lead to other problems.
Currently, several states have again legalized the use of marijuana for medical purposes. Other products that are from the same plant include CBD, which is extracted from the plant through a special extraction process. The oils are pulled from the plant matter and separated from the THC (tetrahydrocannabinoid) which is the compound that has the psychoactive effect. THC can cause loss of fine motor skills and cognitive function is impaired until the effects wear off again.
CBD has been found to have fantastic benefits, even for pain, with the psychoactive ingredient THC, and CBD is now legal in all fifty states. CBD products are being developed at a rapid rate, with new items available every day.
People like CBD products because of the many benefits without worry of addiction, overdose, and they enjoy the freedom of knowing that they are taking a plant-based product that is a natural addition to their diet. CBD isn’t chemically manufactured. It isn’t a chemical substance, it’s a plant oil and you can buy very pure versions of it.
Some of the benefits of CBD oil are:
- CBD oil has had a positive result when used as an anticonvulsant when taken by people with epilepsy. More research needs to be done on this, but thousands of people and their children are taking CBD to help with seizure activity presently.
- It has benefits as a natural anti-inflammatory. Many people with moderate arthritis pain, joint pain and other issues have found that taking CBD oil or using a cream with CBD oil in it, has given them a great deal of relief. There may be a future for CBD in medicine to help take the place of other drugs that are addictive.
- Has been shown to help reduce nausea and help stop vomiting.
- CBD receptors within the body are well established in brain tissue. CBD has been shown to help elevate moods and seems to have the same effects as serotonin. There is much hope that further research will show that CBD can have many uses for emotions, endocrine systems, memory and cognition. Those with Alzheimer’s or dementia may be able to find help with more research of CBD. Since CBD is known to elevate moods, there is also hope that It can help those suffering with depression.
CBD and Coffee Working Together
It is nearly unfathomable what a uniquely perfect combination CBD and coffee can be. When you combine the list of benefits between both plant-based products, they are indeed a superior drink of choice. It’s also quite simple for you to simply add CBD to your coffee in the morning. Not only is it easy to remember to take your daily dose this way, but it’s also easy. Coffee also absorbs most of the flavor of CBD oil and they blend together nicely. If you are a cream and sugar person, it’s likely that you’ll never even taste the CBD oil in your coffee.
When you have your cup of coffee, you won’t just be enjoying that tasty cup of ‘get up and go’ but you will be taking your daily prevention for liver disease and heart disease. Each sip can seemingly prolong your life, reduce your odds of developing type two diabetes and so much more. You’ll literally feel your anxiety melting away with the first few sips.
As your day wears on, you’ll also notice that you have a wealth of patience that you don’t normally have. That coworker that typically gets on your last nerve won’t seem so bad today. In fact, you’ll manage a smile and wonder where it came from. You won’t think about the things that annoy you and you’ll be far more focused on the moment. The result is that you’ll be able to be more productive and organized. Being at peace will help you get along and be productive. You’ll be less stressed out.
Your coffee has alleviated your anxiety and your CBD has elevated your mood, making you feel like you are having the best day you’ve had in a long time. Suddenly you realize that if was your morning coffee with the CBD oil in it. It hits you like a ton of bricks that you haven’t had such a relaxing day at work in so long you can’t even remember. When coworkers invited you out after work, you caught yourself accepting the invitation. Normally, you trudge home in defeat after everyone has tromped on your feelings and your nerves are frazzled. Today, you really feel like going out and having some fun.
That is what it feels like to drink coffee with CBD in it. It may be a long way from where you normally are each day. The longer you use CBD as a daily supplement, the more being in a good mood will just seem like second nature to you. You won’t become addicted to CBD because CBD isn’t addictive. You will learn to really love the way you feel when you are taking it though. You will want to continue taking the CBD oil in coffee. The benefits are outstanding, and the results are incredible for most people. So, while it isn’t addictive physically, you may get really attached to using it.
Physically, using CBD has so many benefits that they may slowly sneak up on you. Take stock of how you feel when you first start taking the CBD oil. Keep a journal of how you felt on day one and how you feel each day after. If you put a number on your discomfort, like they do in the hospital, you may be shocked at how you quickly go up to all 10s in short order.
What You Need to Know About CBD To Get Started
If you are completely new to CBD products, then you might want to do a little research about CBD oil before you purchase your first bottle of CBD oil. For starters, CBD oil is extracted from the hemp plant. CBD oil is taken, generally, from the entire plant. This is called full spectrum CBD oil. Hemp oil is extracted from the seeds of the hemp plant. CBD oil that is full spectrum tends to have the best concentrations and strength of CBD.
Once extracted from the plant, there is a very minute amount of THC, so you don’t need to worry about failing a drug test or getting high. THC is the psychoactive compound that causes you to get high and lose control of fine motor skills and become mentally impaired until the effects wear off. This does not happen from CBD alone. That is how and why CBD oil is not legal in all fifty states.
CBD is extracted in one of two ways typically. The third method is rarely used anymore and that is distillation. The other two methods are commonly practiced:
Solvent extraction – In the simplest of terms, the plant matter is grinded, and solvent or alcohol is added to the ground -up plant matter. The CBD binds to the solvent or alcohol and they are then extracted, leaving behind the other 59 compounds, including THC. The alcohol or solvent is also separated from the CBD oil, leaving behind trace amounts. It is impossible to remove all the other compounds or the solvent that was introduced. Therefore, this process leaves behind traces of the solvent in the CBD. It is also allowable for marketable CBD to have up to .03% of THC in it. This is not enough to trigger a drug test unless you were to use massive amounts of CBD. The average person would never have to worry, so you really shouldn’t have any issues either.
CO2 extraction – This method is oversimplified in description because it requires very specialized equipment. Essentially, the ground plant matter is sealed in a container. CO2 is then pumped into this container in high concentrations. CO2 is merely carbon dioxide, so it is completely harmless. The CBD oil binds to the CO2, which is then easily extracted with the proper equipment. CO2 is a byproduct of breathing. There is absolutely no harm that can come to you from CO2 unless you were trying to breathe it with no oxygen available also. No chemicals are introduced into the CBD in this extraction method, making it one of the best choices for most people.
Once your oil is extracted it is tested to make sure that it contains less than the limit of .03% THC. Reputable companies will also have third party testing done and make their results public. You can view this information on most company websites. If you request the information, they will provide it to you.
CBD can be purchased in different strengths and the amount you take is completely up to you as well as your choice of strength. Most people experiment to find the dose that works for them personally. You are completely in control of how much you use, which is comforting for most people. You choose. You are empowered to use what you need until you feel your best self. Only you know how you feel.
A good starting dose is somewhere in the middle. The strength that you use is also up to you and most people start at something around 1000mg and go from there. You may find information on chat room boards and on some websites. The company you purchase your CBD oil may also make recommendations as to the strength and recommended dose for your conditions, if you have any. It is always better to start low and then increase your dose as you feel necessary.
You will know that you’ve taken too much CBD (more than necessary) if you get very sleepy after your dose. CBD taken orally on an empty stomach will generally hit your bloodstream in about twenty minutes. If you feel very drowsy within twenty minutes, take less the next time and give your system a chance to get used to the CBD. You’ll be able to increase your dosage in about a week without getting sleepy the next time if you taper up slowly.
The reality is that you are totally in charge for once in your life. You choose how much, when, and how often you take CBD oil. Some people take a dose every four hours for chronic pain. Other people take CBD once per day and find that it maintains them at a perfect feeling of overall health. Experiment without worry. Since you can’t get addicted and you won’t overdose from it, you can play around with your intake to suit your own personal needs. Did you know that even our own pets can benefit with CBD for dogs and cats?
No individual is the exact same as anyone else. Even if you share the same affliction with someone else, it doesn’t mean that your pain thresholds are the same or that your bodies work exactly the same. You do what feels best for you. Keeping a journal will help you remember how much you took the day before and when you went up or down in dosage. You will be able to see how much you took and how you felt that day. This will give you a visual record of whether the CBD is working as it should for you and you can see the results as they are happening.